Zimele Investment Enterprise Company
Zimele Investment Enterprise Co. (Pty) Ltd was created in 1999 as a result of an agreement between the South African National Roads Agency SOC Ltd ( SANRAL ) & N3 Toll Concession (RF) Proprietary Limited (N3TC), who entered into a 30 year Public Private Partnership agreement on a Build / Operate / Transfer basis to operate the N3 National highway.
N3TC originally created this 70% BEE Company in order to, amongst other things, implement it’s commercial and socio-economic development obligations
To Unlock route related development projects on the N3 National Highway and to expand such products and services onto other national routes.
To fulfil specific contractual obligations laid on Zimele by the N3TC such as :
• Creation of commercial opportunities along the N3 corridor between Johannesburg and Durban.
• Develop and operate truck stop parking facilities.
• Manage, operate and maintain weighbridges at traffic control centres.
• Toll and route management services to the commercial road user.
• Facilitation and enhancement of corridor initiatives related to tourism and commercial development.